Rev. Charles J. Schreibeis

Tenth Pastor, 1959

Father Clemens HammerFather Schreibeis was born on March 19, 1907, and was ordained May 26, 1934. He was a member of the faculty of Elder High School from 1935 to 1953 was vice-principal of the school for the last nine years of his tenure. During much of that time, he served at the Holy Spirit Chapel. For a few brief months, he served as pastor of Old St. Mary’s in 1959, before being assigned to Our Lady of Grace in Price Hill. For much of 1968, he was on administrative leave due to declining health and died October 19, 1968. He was buried at St. Mary Cemetery, St. Bernard.

Comments are closed.