Rev. Edward D. Stuhlmueller
Sixth Pastor, 1941-1945
Father Stuhlmueller was born in Cincinnati on July 5, 1890. He was ordained at St. Peter’s Cathedral by Archbishop Moeller on May 26, 1923 and was appointed assistant pastor at St. Bernard Church in Springfield, Ohio. In August of 1929, he was assigned to St. Elizabeth Church in Norwood, Ohio, and St. Louis Church, Cincinnati, Ohio. In 1931 he became pastor of St. Philomena Church in Stonelick, Ohio, and was made pastor of Old St. Mary’s a week after the death of Father Duerstock in December of 1941. During his tenure, he presided over the centennial celebration in 1942. He passed from this life on March 10, 1945. Bishop George J. Rehring presided over the Pontifical Requiem High Mass at Old St. Mary’s Church, and he was interred at St. Stephen Cemetery in Hamilton, Ohio.